Luxury Home with Pool and Sunset Ocean View in Hatillo
This spectacular luxury ocean view home is located in the mountains above the coastal town of Hatillo and is at 1,200 ft. elevation giving it great ocean breezes and unbelievable views. The unique V-shaped custom home is very well designed to capture the ocean and mountain views. The property is very private and has a long gated driveway. The property has a creek that you can hear from the house. The jungle surrounding the house is amazing and all of the local wildlife comes to visit including toucans, monkeys, sloths, and parrots.
When you enter the home, you will come into the grand room which has the kitchen and living room which opens up to the pool deck. The kitchen features granite countertops and high-end stainless steel appliances. The living room has 2-story vaulted tongue-and-groove wooden ceilings. Outside there is a large covered dining area, a BBQ area, and a nice sitting area all under the roof. There is also a large pool deck and a beautiful pool. Everywhere you go in the house you are focused on the ocean view. You can see the waves breaking up the coast for miles all the way to Manuel Antonio and you get sunsets all year long!
The first floor has a master bedroom with an en suite bathroom that opens up to the pool deck. In addition, there is the laundry room, and a large (120 sqft.) dehumidified walk-in pantry/storage room. There are two staircases to access the second floor. The one on the left takes you to a second master bedroom above the downstairs master. The staircase on the right takes you to two more bedrooms that share a full bathroom. This is perfect for guests because they have their own wing of the house.
This home was custom built to U.S. standards by the current owners as their full-time residence and they have added many extras. Here is a detailed list of all of the features:
- Kitchen: Granite countertops, US-style custom cabinets of Cedro Amargo, stainless steel
- appliances (LG brand from the US), professional range hood with warming lights.
- Convenient pass-through window and countertop from the kitchen to the outdoor dining area.
- Laundry room with Maytag washer & electric dryer, tub sink.
- Large dehumidified storage room off the kitchen with tons of utility shelving and clothes rack.
- A/C units in 3 bedrooms.
- Two-car attached carport with built-in metal storage cabinets.
- 200-liter solar hot water system.
- PEX flexible tubing is used to plumb the entire house.
- A 3-stage water filtration system with Ultraviolet provides filtered water to the whole house.
- Fiber optic internet service is available from Fibra En Casa.
- Whole house electrical surge protection.
- House alarm system with motion sensors, door contacts, glass break sensor, and smoke detector.
- High-resolution security camera system. 7 IP cameras monitor the exterior of the house, gate, and road.
- 55” Samsung UHD TV and surround sound system.
- Electric gate openers with remote.
- LED lighting throughout.
- Invisible pet fence by PetSafe with 2 dog collars. In-ground wire encompasses approximately
- 1-acre area.
- Sun roller shades provide shade on the outside terrace and help keep the house cool.
- Tinted windows.
- Outdoor bar area with sink and drink refrigerator.
- Outdoor speakers (Bose) for the terrace.
- Color LED pool light with multiple programs.
Conveniently Located in Between Tourism Hotspots
This property is located 5 minutes up the mountain from the town center of Hatillo. Hatillo has a few restaurants and a couple of small stores. It is only 20 minutes north on the paved coastal highway to the nearest local airport and 30 minutes to Quepos and Manuel Antonio, and the town of Uvita is 25 minutes to the south. Owners and guests will love having the option of going to the two most popular tourist destinations in the South Pacific.