Tropical Whitewater Ocean View Hideaway in Matapalo
The home sits on over 5.5 acres of lush land perfectly situated at the mid-way point between Dominical and Quepos. The property has room to expand for gardens, yoga decks, and additional view areas. The home is located in the Zacatona community just above the pristine beaches of Playa Linda and Playa Matapalo.
Quepos is a premier destination in Costa Rica with the newly expanded regional airport, beautiful Marina, and the most popular national park in the country, Manuel Antonio National Park. 15 minutes to the south is the bohemian surf town of Dominical, with local shops, restaurants, and a brewery. Other local attractions include the Nauyaca Waterfall, Hacienda Baru nature reserve, and all the adventures Costa Rica has to offer.
Indoor/Outdoor Living with a Unique Costa Rica Open Air Design
This amazing tropical home was custom built to fit into the amazing surroundings. Built with a variety of Costa Rica hardwoods, this house is a one-of-a-kind home that would be difficult to duplicate. The additional pool was added and takes the experience of this property to the next level. With over 300 square meters of construction, the home has a large master suite that encompasses the entire top floor, an open living and kitchen area on the ground floor, with a climate-controlled storage area and office. Above the pool and house is a Mirador that allows you to take full advantage of the expansive ocean views.
Miscellaneous house details:
- House includes 300 square meters of covered floor space. The bodega includes 90 cubic meters of cool and dry storage and office space.
- House open design is the product of the imaginations of a biologist and an anthropologist who wanted to live close to nature.
- Construction began in 1996, finished to a move-in condition in December 1999. Work only done when the owner was present to oversee and assist.
- Swimming pool added in 2003, mirador added in 2004. New carport/shed added in 2019.
- The mirador hides a 1,000-liter reserve water tank for backup use.
- House is designed to be earthquake hardened: columns are pre-stressed hardened concrete power poles sunk 10 feet into the ground into 1 meter wide concrete-filled holes. Columns are connected by 3 hexagonal rings: below-ground grade beards, a 2nd floor ring and a roof ring. Beams are connected to the columns using only I large bolt, allowing for flexing without structural damage in a heavy quake.
- House construction materials include all Costa Rican hardwoods; Chiricano beams and joists, Nazareno (purple heart) railings, flooring, and dining and desk tables, Carey flooring, Manglillo ceiling and Teak roof supports.
- Main floor and bathrooms are Spanish tile. The main tiled floor is engineered to slope to the outside edges, channeling water to the drainage moat and into large drains.
- Swimming pool pump and timer new in 2021. Filter sand changed in 2021.
- Water concession submitted and approved to MINAE in July 2021.
- Current owner’s association dues are S1,000 per year (houses with a pool). Money goes to road and water line maintenance.
- Selling the house with all appliances, furniture, kitchen utensils, many tools, spare parts, etc.
This home is Turn-Key ready and properties with views like this are in high demand for rentals and vacation homes or for those looking to finally make their dreams come true in Costa Rica!