Whale’s Tail Ocean View Home with a Private Jungle Setting in Uvita
Built in 2014 with inspiration from the renowned architecture of Brazilian Marcio Kogan, this home represents a wonderful union with the natural setting. The positioning takes advantage of the panoramic ocean and jungle views, including dramatic scenes of the Whale's Tail, Caño Island, and Isla Ballena. Ten minutes up the main road in Uvita, this four bedrooms/three bathroom home is located in one of the first luxury neighborhoods in the area. The property offers a blissful backdrop of tropical flowering plants and wildlife.
Custom and hand-crafted furniture blend perfectly into the home’s elegant contemporary design:
First Floor “Great Room”
- A focal point upon entering the home offers jungle and crystal-blue ocean views through its grand sliding glass doors
- Open-concept integration of living, dining and kitchen areas
- Crisp and expertly crafted hardwood and stone complement the polished concrete floors
- Continuous breezes increase ease of living and reduce the need for A/C
- Silestone and Stainless Steel surfaces compliment the warm Guanacaste wood accents, made from a fallen tree on the property
- Ideal for entertainment, the sliding doors open up to a 35 square meter deck with newly installed high-performance composite decking material
- Fourth bedroom/office has access to the deck
Reach the second floor via floating staircase of rich Guayacan wood…
Second Story Features
- Three bedrooms with high ceilings and windows offering plenty of natural lighting
- Spacious master bedroom with ocean view and tiled shower en-suite bathroom
- Second bedroom designed for children with two sets of built-in bunk beds, large floor space for play time, and plenty of storage for toys and games
- The third guest bedroom has a full bathroom with bathtub
The main entrance is covered with beautiful vines and has an area for barbecuing. A covered two car parking area and laundry “mudroom” make for a convenient owners’ entry. From the back deck, down the mildly spiraling staircase, are the main pool, gently sloped yard, and pristine gardens. An 18-meter lap section of the pool travels under the “great room”. The size of the relatively flat lawn is a unique feature for the mountainous area and is great for kids. A guesthouse or other structure could be constructed in this area as well, with plenty of extra room.
Central Uvita Location Allows Easy Access to Amenities and Beaches
Uvita is a steadily growing area with established infrastructure essential for comfortable living in Costa Rica. Marino Ballena National Park’s “Whale’s Tail” and the spectacular beaches of Uvita are just ten minutes away. This home represents an ideal investment for a family looking to relocate full or part-time to this popular area. Visitors will continue to frequent the area giving the home a great opportunity for productive rental income.