Large Resort Hotel with Restaurant and Spa Facilities in Dominical
The largest and most popular hotel in Dominical is for sale. Located along the banks of the magnificent Baru River, and just 900 meters from downtown Dominical, visitors from all over the world come here to enjoy the hotel's amenities and to be close to the region's most popular attractions.
- Large “inviting” 200 Square-meter pool with pool bar
- New 70 square-meter pool for exercise
- 120 seat restaurant/bar with a spacious professional kitchen
- 80 seat air-conditioned conference room connected to the restaurant
- Spa facilities
- Outdoor gym
- Tennis Court
- High-speed internet
- Cable TV
The hotel boasts an impressive 38,750 sq.ft. of constructions with an emphasis on comfortable living in the tropics. Open ventilated spaces are harmonious with the surrounding rainforest environment. Polynesian style construction and finishings fit perfectly with the aesthetic and natural connection. The hotel attracts eco-minded tourists from North America and Europe and is also popular for local Costa Ricans getting away to the beach for the weekend.
Approximately sixteen (16) acres of land is represented as approximately 30% construction, 40% exotic garden, and 30% available for future expansion. More residential buildings are already in the development process.
Living Quarters / 52 rooms in 13 Buildings:
- All rooms have a private terrace and simple kitchen
- Twelve (12) are “Junior Suites” with 2 luxury King beds, Air-Conditioning, and TV
- Thirty-Two (32) are “Superior Rooms” with one Double Bed and Two (2) Single beds, Air-Conditioning, Television
- 4 are “Family Suites” with cooking facility, 2 double beds, ac, tv
- 4 are “Standard Rooms” typically filled by walk-ins, private drivers, and tour guides
- One separate suite recently converted from a spa area
- More than 3600 square meters of roofed structures, 500 square-meters of tennis courts and pools
- The large parking area accommodates 50 or more vehicles
- A professional security camera system
- Solar Panels outfitted on buildings significantly reduce electrical cost
- Concrete walkways connect all buildings and are lit using solar power
- Mature and pristine gardens meticulously maintained
- The undeveloped area features a hiking path along two small streams
- Additional lodging for management, staff, and tour bus drivers
- Two deep wells located on the property with a large storage tank provide steady clean water maintained by hotel operators.
The Largest and Most Established Hospitality Business in Dominical
25 years of firmly established local relationships and trusted staff of 33 have allowed this hotel to build a successful business model. A balance of comfort, nature, and adventure creates the feel of a real jungle resort. Available land allows for the expansion towards a minimum of 80 rooms.
- Hotel is ICT (Ministry of Tourism) licensed with a 3-star rating
- 4-Leaf certification for sustainable tourism
- Healthy financial condition and debt free
- Produced healthy occupancy and steady growth in recent years
- Offers prospective buyer options to maximize ROI
- Very favorable value compared with similar hotel operations on the market
- Financials are available to prospective buyers with a signed NDA
- 8 more superior rooms are planned for construction in 2019
Premier Location in the Exclusive Dominical Area
- 30 miles/48km south of Quepos/Manuel Antonio.
- 20 minutes to Uvita and the Ballena Coast, including the Whales Tale of Marino Ballena National Park
- 45 minutes to the metropolitan city of San Isidro
- 3.5 hours from San Jose
- Dominical and Uvita/Ballena are up and coming hotspots attracting tourism and investment worldwide
- Yearly average occupancy of around 65%
- High Season: 70-90%
- Low Season: 30-45%
- Average net rate on a yearly basis: $80 after commission and without 13% tax
- 60% of occupancy is pre-sold by over 150 travel agents
- 2018: 23% of the clients were from North America, 50% Europe, 27% Latin America
- $120k spent on maintenance and modernization in 2018 due to significant income increase
- Excellent status on Tripadvisor, and Online Travel Agencies such as Booking and Expedia
- Acknowledged as the best value in Dominical
This facility represents 25 years of vision and hard work from a very competent group of Dutch investors who are looking for the next chapter in their lives. However, this is just the beginning of this marvelous hotel!
Note: When purchasing any commercial business of this scale in Costa Rica, there are a wide array of legal issues that are sure to arise. Purchasing a business of this scale should not be put in the hands of an agency that has little to no experience brokering commercial real estate transactions. We have successfully negotiated and closed a wide array of commercial real estate deals over the years and you can lean on our experienced team to help you navigate you through this process. Feel free to ask us about our track record and our thorough due diligence process that will protect you as a buyer.
Contact a Costa Rica Real Estate Service Professional for More Information
- Turnkey Resort Hotel
- 38,750 Sq.Ft. Construction
- 17 Acre Property
- 52 Rooms
- Large Restaurant & Bar
- Resort & Spa Facilities
- Beautiful Landscaping
- Excellent Infrastructure
- Walk to Dominical Beach