Comfortable Home With Workshops In Quiet Downtown San Isidro Neighborhood
Nice 5 bedroom / 3 bath home in a quiet neighborhood only 5 minutes from the center of the city of San Isidro de El General, Perez Zeledon. The construction is cement block with a total area of 2,700 square feet. All tile floors and most of the interior ceilings and trim are made from exotic hardwoods. The house has an interesting layout with a sunken living room and many arched windows and doors. Overall the property is in excellent condition and was well cared for by the current owner. The asking price is well within the current market value and it is a fantastic option for someone looking for a spacious home at an affordable price.
Single Level Home With Plenty Of Living Space
The master bedroom has it's own private bath, closet and two large arched windows – one with a view into the south side orchid nursery. There are 2 smaller bedrooms with a shared bath and another room is being used as an office by the current owner. The 5th bedroom has it's own private bath and separate entrance from the inside as well as the outside. This room could be used for a renter or live-in domestic worker's quarters. A central "on demand" hot water heater connects to all 3 bathrooms.
The formal living room joins the dining room which connects to the kitchen that looks out into the north side orchid nursery. A spacious family room with lots of natural light is positioned at the rear of the house and also connects to the kitchen. There is a small library nook in between the living and family rooms. The laundry room connects to an outdoor solar patio that has clear plastic roof panels that are used for drying clothes. Inside the laundry area is a small aviary for birds.
The Property Grounds And Outdoor Workshops
- 2 Secure Storage Sheds are available to store your most precious belongings. Both are cement block and the newer one has block walls with a poured cement ceiling for additional security.
- Shed / Roof Extension: Located at the very rear of the property, the owner built a large roof that extends out about 20 ft. from the back property wall. This covered area is currently used to store wood and equipment.
- Workshop / BBQ area: Recently remodeled with a new roof, this space has running water and 110v / 220v power. There is a built-in coal/wood fire pit with a red brick countertop, lower shelving and a sink. This is great place for afternoon BBQs or parties.
- 3 Nurseries: 2 specially designed orchid nurseries with shelving for hanging potted orchids and other plants. There is also a full sun nursery for box / container style planting of herbs and vegetables.
- Perimeter wall and gates: The property has a cement block wall around the entire perimeter with two electric gates on the street frontage, one for cars and one for people.
- Parking: in addition to the single carport under the main house roof, there is a free standing carport for one vehicle. Total off street parking space can accommodate 3 to 4 cars.
Some Background Information About The City Of San Isidro
San Isidro or "Perez" is what some would say is the perfect size town – not too big and not too small. It is the commercial hub for the entire southern zone of Costa Rica where you will find everything you need, without having to travel to the capital city of San Jose. The house is walking distance to two pulperias, a bus stop, a dentist office, a supermarket, a bakery, a bank and a hardware store. Perez has a public hospital, medical clinics and variety of private traditional and homeopath doctors. There are also good dentists / orthodontists, lawyers, accountants, architects. For those with kids, there are numerous public schools and an excellent private school called El Valle. The semi private school called Escuela Cientifica has won more academic awards than any other school in all of Costa Rica.
The best Farmers Market in the southern zone operates right in town two days a week and there are several modern supermarkets and bakeries. Perez has a handful of good restaurants, coffee shops and a few upscale bars & clubs including two hotel / casinos. There are two sports clubs that offer tennis, swimming and soccer / basketball leagues. There are more than a dozen small hardware stores and three large modern hardware stores with building supplies. There are several auto parts stores, mechanic shops, domestic appliance outlets, clothing stores galore and many second hand clothing shops. All the goods and services, parts and supplies you will need are in Perez Zeledon.
At 2,500 feet of elevation the climate is temperate in the surrounding valley, not nearly as hot as the nearby coast which is a short 45 minute drive away. The beautiful Talamanca mountains for hiking and birding are also a short drive away. Perez is not considered a tourist destination but it is the place to be for expats and local "Ticos" who want all the conveniences of living in a city but still want to be relatively close to gorgeous Costa Rican beaches and countryside. Many people who have lived in the area for a long time feel that Perez is one of the best, if not THE best place to live in all of Costa Rica.
Please Contact A Costa Rica Real Estate Service Pro For More Info